Activity A: Preparation of a consultative workshop
The key activity in Step 2 is to convene a consultative workshop with sectoral government counterparts and non-government stakeholders with the following objectives:
- To formulate and prioritise a set of policy questions, based on questions identified in Step 1.
- To develop the capacity of sectoral government counterparts and non-government stakeholders in policy question formulation (especially important during the first cycle of question formulation).
- To enhance dialogue and build common expectations amongst key nutrition stakeholders.
There are a number of important points to take into account in the agenda setting and invitation to participants in this workshop:
- Who will facilitate and who will participate in the workshop?
- Which points should be on the agenda of the workshop:
- Relevant framing of the workshop
- Creating a common understanding
- Which questions and data analyses lend themselves best to the NIPN approach?
- Preparing relevant and concrete country examples
- Adopting an impact pathway approach to formulate relevant questions
- Illustration of the use of the impact pathway to support the formulation of question
- Characteristics of well-formulated policy questions