Activity A: Preparation of a consultative workshop
The key activity in Step 2 is to convene a consultative workshop with sectoral government counterparts and non-government stakeholders with the following objectives:
- To formulate and prioritise a set of policy questions, based on questions identified in Step 1.
- To develop the capacity of sectoral government counterparts and non-government stakeholders in policy question formulation (especially important during the first cycle of question formulation).
- To enhance dialogue and build common expectations amongst key nutrition stakeholders.
There are a number of important points to take into account in the agenda setting and invitation to participants in this workshop:
- Who will facilitate and who will participate in the workshop?
- Setting the agenda of the workshop including:
- 1. Relevant framing of the workshop
- 2. Creating a common understanding
- 3. Which questions and data analyses best lend themselves to the NIPN approach?
- 4. Adopting an impact pathway approach to formulate relevant questions
- 5. Illustration of the use of the impact pathway to support the formulation of question
- 6. Characteristics of well-formulated policy questions
- 7. Preparing relevant and concrete country examples