Country case studies
- The NIPN in Guatemala has been fully integrated into the national coordination structures for food security and nutrition.
- A working committee of the existing Inter-sectoral Technical Committee (CTI), which was created by law, will perform the function of Multi-sectoral Advisory Committee.
- This set-up not only ensures institutionalization of the MAC, but also its legitimacy and authority to create a data-driven policy dialogue and influence policy decisions.
Download the MAC Guatemala case study in pdf format.
- Ethiopia has taken a dual approach to ensuring high-level multisectoral advise: it makes use of an existing committee and in addition will establish a dedicated NIPN Advisory Committee
- Integrating the functions of a MAC into an existing coordination structure ensures its authority, strategic influence and sustainability.
- At the same time, it allows the awareness and capacity building across all sectors with regard to the NIPN operational cycle
Download the MAC Ethiopia case study in pdf format.