The SUN MEAL national and sub-national dashboards
National dashboards have been produced for the SUN countries. Sub-national dashboards are currently being produced, which are slightly different and designed to compare data across districts.
Main features of the SUN MEAL dashboard:
- Clear sub-sections that correspond directly to the SUN Theory of Change and also align in many respects with the UNICEF and Lancet nutrition frameworks.
- Indicators with “no data” appear clearly (although not shown in this example).
- Most recent year of when the indicator was collected is included.
- Data sources are included.
- Colour coding clearly shows performance compared with median performance of other countries (or national median for sub-national dashboard).
- Sub-national dashboards that are not yet fully finalised are colour coded to compare one region with another.
- A summary narrative is included.
- A page to explain the colour classification is included.
- 6 pages in total for national dashboards; 8 pages for initial draft sub-national dashboards (not yet published).
The SUN MEAL dashboard contains the following sections:
- Enabling environment
- Finance for nutrition
- Intervention and food supply
- Enacted legislations
- SDGs drivers of nutrition
- IYCF and dietary Intake
- Nutrition status
- SDGs linked to nutrition
Extract of the SUN MEAL national dashboard for Lao PDR