Five recommended exercises to help make a strategic decision
The NIPN team can decide which exercises are most relevant in their respective contexts but all are helpful for framing the broad policy context overview and triggering the initial reflections and exchanges.
- Exercise 1: Start with understanding the magnitude and the trend of the undernutrition problem and the trends in relation to national targets.
- Exercise 2: Map out key multi-sectoral policies and plans of action in relation to undernutrition trends.
- Exercise 3: Gain a picture of the implementation time frame of the multi-sectoral policies and plans.
- Exercise 4: Identify which policies, programmes or investment decisions are more likely to be influenced and decide which administrative level to influence.
- Exercise 5: Identify and know your ‘decision makers’ at the various administrative levels.