- The NIPN policy component is hosted by the Secretariat for Food and Nutrition Security (SESAN), which coordinates the activities of the organisations involved in the National Council for Food Security and Nutrition (CONASAN), comprising eight ministries.
- The NIPN data component is also hosted by SESAN, which manages the food security and nutrition information system (SIINSAN).
- Technical assistance is provided by the Research and Higher Education Center for Tropical Agronomy (CATIE).
- The project is supported by the EU Delegation and managed by CATIE.
- Activites started in late 2017.